The Programme Educational Objectives of the B.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering program of the National Institute of Technology Silchar are:
- To deliver comprehensive education in electronics and communication engineering to ensure that the graduates attain the core competency to succeed in industry or excel in higher studies in different fields like microelectronics engineering, signal processing, and wireless communications.
- To provide the students with foundation in mathematical and engineering fundamentals required to solve engineering problems and pursue higher studies, research, and innovation.
- To train and prepare the students to work as teams to comprehend, analyze, design, and create innovative solutions for real-life problems.
- To inculcate a sense of ethics, professionalism, and effective communication skills amongst graduates.
- To provide an academic environment that gives adequate opportunity to the students to cultivate lifelong skills needed for a successful professional career.
The Programme Educational Objectives of the M.Tech. (CSPE) are as follows:
- Deliver comprehensive education in Communication & Signal processing Engineering to ensure that the graduates have the core competency to be successful in versatile jobs in the relevant industries and pursue higher studies.
- Provide the theoretical and experimental fundamentals in the Communication & Signal processing Engineering required to formulate, analyze and solve the real-world problems and pursue the research in the Communication and Signal Processing Engineering.
- Inculcate a sense of ethics, professionalism, and effective communication skills amongst graduates.
- Provide an academic environment that gives adequate opportunity to the students to cultivate lifelong skills needed for a successful professional career.
The Programme Educational Objectives of the M.Tech. (ME&VLSI) are as follows:
- The Graduates of ME&VLSI will demonstrate their outstanding education skills that will enable them to integrate undergraduate fundamentals with the knowledge acquired to evaluate and analyze new developments in the VLSI industry.
- The Graduates of ME&VLSI will demonstrate advancement in engineering to engage in perpetual learning in order to suit multidisciplinary situations.
- The Graduates of ME&VLSI would undertake significant research or development projects.
- The ME&VLSI Graduates would demonstrate his/her analytical skills to solve real-time problems.
- The ME&VLSI Graduates will demonstrate their professional, ethical and social issues and show respect for diversity and global issues.