How to reach NIT Silchar
NIT Silchar, located on the Silchar-Hailakandi road, is just 8 km away from the southern outskirts of Silchar town. To reach NIT, Silchar campus, one has to first reach Silchar town which is in the Cachar district of Assam and is connected to the rest of the country by road, rail and air.
Department of ECE
Behind State Bank Of India
Silchar, Assam-788010, India.
- Silchar is well connected with various cities through road.
- A 340 km long National Highway directly connects Silchar with Guwahati.
- A large number of day/night buses ply between Guwahati and Silchar in the morning and evening every day.
- The bus will drop the passengers at ISBT, Silchar. Please pick up an auto-rickshaw for NIT Campus.
- Silchar is well connected with India through railways.
- Silchar is directly connected to Lumding/Guwahati & Agartala.
- Time taken by train between Guwahati and Silchar is approximately 6 hours.
- NIT Silchar is not far from the railway station and public transport medium is a convenient way to reach.
- There are daily direct flights to Silchar from cities like Kolkata, Guwahati, and Imphal.
- Air India and Jet Airways operate flights from Kolkata to Silchar/Guwahati.
- From the airport, the Institute campus is approximately 30 Kms.
- Hired private taxi service is available to the NIT campus at a reasonable cost.
NIT Silchar on Google Maps: