Date of Joining: 15/03/2013
Academic Experience: 15+ years
Personal Webpage: http://ec.nits.ac.in/ashraf/
- Ph.D.: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur, India, 2011
- M.Tech.: Institute of Radio Physics & Electronics, University of Calcutta, India, 2004
- B.Tech.: Institute of Radio Physics & Electronics, University of Calcutta, India, 2002
- 07/2022-till date: Associate Professor
- 03/2013 – 07/2022: Assistant Professor, National Institute of Technology (NIT) Silchar, Assam, 788010, India
RESEARCH INTERESTS AND SPECIALIZATION
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Wireless Communications
- Satellite Communications
- Wireless communications for 5G and 6G
- Millimetre wave communication
Currently working as Associate Prof. in ECE Dept., NIT Silchar since July, 2022. Served as Asst. Prof. during 2013 to 2022. Served as Asst. Prof. in ECE Dept., Aliah University, Kolkata from 2009 to 2013. During the period 2005-2009, spent at IIT Kharagpur as Research Scholar in the Dept. of E&ECE towards the Ph.D degree. Also served as Lecturer in ECE Dept., Haldia Institute of Technology during 2004-2005.
- Project Title: ”Impact of error control code (ECC) on characteristic distance for underwater wireless sensor network (UWSN) and study of energy outage duration for energy harvested UWSN using Markov model”; Scheme name: Mathematical Research Impact Centric Support (MATRICS); Funding Agency: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), DST, Govt. of India; Duration: 3 years (2020-2023)
- Naseem Ahmad, Kuldeep Singh Yadav, Manir Ahmed, Rabul Hussain Laskar, Ashraf Hossain, An integrated approach for eye centre localization using deep networks and rectangular-intensity-gradient technique, Journal of King Saud University – Computer and Information Sciences, 2022, doi.org/10.1016/j.jksuci.2022.02.015
- A. Mondal, D. Mishra, G. Prasad and A. Hossain, “Joint Optimization Framework for Minimization of Device Energy Consumption in Transmission Rate Constrained UAV-Assisted IoT Network,” in IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 9, no. 12, pp. 9591-9607, 15 June15, 2022, doi: 10.1109/JIOT.2021.3128883
- G. Prasad, D. Mishra, K. L. Baishnab and A. Hossain, “Minimization of Energy-Efficient Outage Probability in AF-Relayed PLC,” in IEEE Systems Journal, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 4036-4047, Sept. 2022, doi: 10.1109/JSYST.2021.3124858.
- Abhishek Mondal, Ashraf Hossain, “Maximization of Instantaneous Transmission Rate in UAVs-Supported Self-Organized Device-to-Device Network”, International Journal of Communication Systems, Wiley 2022; vol. 35( 6):e5064. doi:10.1002/dac.5064(SCI)
- Remika Ngangbam, Ashraf Hossain, Alok Shukla, “Analysis of impact of distance on Cluster Head election probability and Threshold condition in heterogeneous networks”, Pramana-;J. Phys, Indian Academy of Sciences, vol. 95 (4), 2021, DOI: 10.1007/s12043-021-02197-8
- Rajeev Kumar, Ashraf Hossain, “Delay Performance of two-hop buffer-aided relay network with wireless assisted links” Wireless Personal Communications, Springer , vol. 121, pp. 1725–1738, 2021, DOI:10.1007/s11277-021-08694-8.
- Abhishek Mondal, Ashraf Hossain, “Channel characterization and performance analysis of UAV operated communication system with multihop RF–FSO link in dynamic environment” International Journal of Communication Systems, Wiley, vol. 33 (16), July 2020. DOI:10.1002/dac.4568.
- Rajeev Kumar, Ashraf Hossain, “Full-duplex wireless information and power transfer in two-way relaying networks with self-energy recycling”, Wireless Networks, Springer, 2020, vol. 26, pp. 6139–6154, 2020, DOI: 10.1007/s11276-020-02432-x.
- Sultan Mahmood Chowdhury, A. Hossain, “Different Energy Saving Schemes in Wireless Sensor Networks: A Survey”, Wireless Personal Communications, Springer, vol. 114, pp. :2043–2062, 2020, DOI 10.1007/s11277-020-07461-5
- Ganesh Prasad, Deepak Mishra, Kamel Tourki, Ashraf Hossain, Mérouane Debbah, “QoS and Energy Aware Optimal Resource Allocations in DF Relay-Assisted FSO Networks”, IEEE Transactions on Green Communications and Networking,vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 914-926, Sept. 2020, doi: 10.1109/TGCN.2020.2969422.
- Rashmi Datta, Devendra S Gurjar, TK Manohar Reddy, Sonu K Chaupal, Manish Mandloi, Ashraf Hossain, “Secrecy Performance of Amplify-and-Forward Relay Networks with Relay Selection under Nakagami-m Fading” Wireless Personal Communications, Springer, vol. 112, pp. 2233–2251, 2020, DOI: /10.1007/s11277-020-07147-y.
- Remika Ngangbam, Ashraf Hossain, Alok Shukla, ” Improved Low Energy Adaptive Clustering Hierarchy and its optimum Cluster Head selection”, International Journal of Electronics, Taylor & Francis, vol. 107, pp. 390-402, 2020, DOI: 10.1080/00207217.2019.1661023
- Sunandita Debnath, Ashraf Hossain “Network Coverage in Interference Limited Wireless Sensor Networks”, Wireless Personal Communications, Springer, vol. 109, pp. 139-153, 2019, DOI: 10.1007/s11277-019-06555-z.
- Rajeev Kumar, Ashraf Hossain, “Performance of Random Access Markov Modelling for Two-Way Buffer-Aided Relaying Networks with Wireless Assisted Links” Wireless Personal Communications, Springer, vol. 108, pp. 1995-2015, DOI: 10.1007/s11277-019-06505-9, 2019.
- Rajeev Kumar and Ashraf Hossain, “Survey on half- and full- duplex relay based cooperative communications and its potential challenges and open issues using Markov chains” IET Communications, vol. 13, pp. 1537-1550, 2019, DOI: 10.1049/iet-com.2018.5823.
- Shreya Dey, Ashraf Hossain, ” Session-Key Establishment and Authentication in Smart Home Networks Using Public Key Cryptography” IEEE Sensors Letters, vol 3(4) 2019, DOI: 10.1109/LSENS.2019.2905020.
- Sunandita Debnath, Ashraf Hossain, ” Sensor Scheduling Schemes and Network Coverage in Dense Wireless Sensor Networks”, Journal of Information Science and Engineering, Institute of Information Science, Academia Sinica, Taiwan, vol. 35, pp. 937-958, 2019.
- Barnali Dey, Ashraf Hossain, R. Dey and R. Bera, ” Integrated Blind Signal Separation and Neural Network Based Energy Detector Architecture”, Wireless Personal Communications, Springer, vol 106 (4), 2019, pp. 2315–2333, doi.: 10.1007/s11277-018-6081-y.
- Ritwik Haldar, Ashraf Hossain, Kirtan Gopal Panda, “Performance Evaluation of Low Power Wireless Sensor Node with Hybrid Energy Storage” International Journal of Communication Systems, Wiley, vol. 32 (2), 2019, pp. 1-18, DOI: 10.1002/dac.3847.
- Ritwik Haldar, Ashraf Hossain, Kirtan Gopal Panda, ‘”Estimation of event loss duration for energy harvested wireless body sensor node”, Telecommunication Systems, Springer, vol 70 (2), 2019, pp. 231-244, doi: 10.1007/s11235-018-0491-8
- G.Prasad, D. Mishra, A.Hossain, “Joint Optimal Design for Outage Minimization in DF Relay-assisted Underwater Acoustic Networks,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 22 (8) 2018, pp. 1724 – 1727, DOI: 10.1109/LCOMM.2018.2837019.
- Rajeev Kumar and Ashraf Hossain, “Experimental Performance and Study of Low Power Strain Gauge Based Wireless Sensor Node for Structure Health Monitoring”, Wireless Personal Communications, Springer, vol. 101(3), 2018, pp. 1657–1669, DOI: 10.1007/s11277-018-5782-6.
- G.Prasad, D. Mishra, A.Hossain, “Joint Optimization Framework for Operational Cost Minimization in Green Coverage-Constrained Wireless Networks,” , IEEE Transactions on Green Communications and Networking, vol. 2(3), 2018, pp. 693 – 706, DOI: 10.1109/TGCN.2018.2828092.
- S.M Chowdhury, A. Hossain, ”Impact of Error Control Code on Characteristic Distance in Wireless Underground Sensor Networks” IET Communications, vol 12 (13) 2018, pp. 1540 – 1549, DOI: 10.1049/iet-com.2018.0171
- Barnali DEY, Ashraf HOSSAIN, Valentina. E. BALAS, R. N. BERA, ”Improved Energy Detector for Spectrum Sensing Using Neuro-Fuzzy Double Threshold Technique”, Studies in Informatics and Control, vol. 26(3), pp. 335-342, 2017.
- S Debnath, A Hossain, SM Chowdhury, AK Singh, “Effective sensing radius (ESR) and performance analysis of static and mobile sensor networks” ,Telecommunication Systems, Springer, vol. 68 (1), 2018, pp. 115–127, DOI: 10.1007/s11235-017-0379-z.
- S. Debnath, A. Hossain, S.M Chowdhury, “Comment on “Impact of Interference on Coverage in Wireless Sensor Networks”” Springer Wireless Personal Communications, vol. 97 (1), 2017, pp. 1071-1073, DOI: 10.1007/s11277-017-4552-1.
- Kumar Rajeev, Hossain Ashraf, “Optimization of Throughput of Two-Way Buffer-Aided Relaying Networks with Wireless Assisted Links “, IET Communications Journal, vol. 11 (10) 2017, pp. 1626-1632, DOI: 10.1049/iet-com.2016.1364.
- B. Dey, A. Hossain, R. Bera, “Possible Adoption of Various Machine Learning Techniques in Cognitive Radio-A Survey” International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms, Inderscience, vol. 18, Issue 4, pp. 439-463, 2021, DOI: 10.1504/IJAIP.2021.113782.
- Hossain Ashraf, “Equal Energy Dissipation in Wireless Sensor Network”, AEU International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Elsevier Science, vol. 71, issue 1, pp. 192-196, January 2017 (doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.aeue.2016.10.015)
- S. M. Chowdhury, A. Hossain, S. Debnath, “Impact of Error Control Code on Characteristic Distance in Wireless Sensor Network” Wireless Personal Communications Journal (Springer), vol. 92 (4) 2017, pp. 1459-1471, DOI 10.1007/s11277-016-3615-z
- Barnali Dey, A. Hossain, A. Bhattacharjee, Rajeeb Dey, R. Bera, “Function approximation based energy detection in cognitive radio using radial basis function network” , Intelligent Automation & Soft Computing Journal (Taylor & Francis), vol. 23 (3) 2017, pp. 393-403, DOI: 10.1080/10798587.2016.1217632
- K.G. Panda, D. Agrawal, A. Nshimiyimana, A. Hossain, “Effects of environment on accuracy of ultrasonic sensor operates in millimetre range”, Perspectives in Science Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8, pp. 574-576, September 2016, doi:10.1016/j.pisc.2016.06.024.
- Hossain Ashraf, Chakrabarti S. and Biswas P. K., “Equal Energy Dissipation in Wireless Image Sensor Network: A Solution to Energy-Hole Problem,” Computers and Electrical Engineering (CAEE) Journal, Elsevier Science, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 1789-1799, August 2013.
- Hossain Ashraf, “Boundary Effect in Node Deployment: Coverage Fraction and Information Generation in Wireless Sensor Network” in the IACSIT International Journal of Engineering and Technology (IJET), Vol. 4, No. 6, pp. 794-797, December 2012.
- Hossain Ashraf, Chakrabarti S. and Biswas P. K., “Impact of Sensing Models on Wireless Sensor Network Coverage,” IET Wireless Sensor Systems, Vol. 2, Iss. 3, pp. 272-281, September, 2012
- Hossain Ashraf, Chakrabarti S. and Biswas P. K., “Comments on “On Determining Cluster Size of Randomly Deployed Heterogeneous WSNs”,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol.12, no. 10, p. 733, October, 2008.
- Hossain Ashraf, Radhika T., Chakrabarti S. and Biswas P. K., “An Approach to Increase the Lifetime of a Linear Array of Wireless Sensor Nodes,” International Journal of Wireless Information Networks (IJWIN), Springer Netherlands, vol.15, no. 2, pp. 72-81, June, 2008.
- Sunandita Debnath, Abhishek Kumar Singh, Ashraf Hossain, ” A Comprehensive Survey of Coverage Problem and Efficient Sensor Deployment Strategies in Wireless Sensor Networks”, Indian Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 9 (45), 2016.
- Abhishek Mondal, Ashraf Hossain,”An Optimal Model and Deployment Solution of Airship based on Multiobjective Evolutionary Algorithm for Near Space Communication System”, 2020 IEEE 7th Uttar Pradesh Section International Conference on Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering (UPCON) 2020
- Ganesh Prasad, Deepak Mishra, Ashraf Hossain, Krishana Lal Baishnab, “Energy-Efficient Outage Probability Minimization in AF-Relayed Power Line Communication’, The 2020 Annual IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (IEEE PIMRC 2020) London Aug 31 – Sep 3, 2020 (virtual conference).
- G Prasad, D Mishra, K Tourki, A Hossain, M Debbah, “QoS-aware Power Allocation and Relay Placement in Green Cooperative FSO Communications ” IEEE Conf. on Wireless Communications and Networking, 2019, Apr 2019, Marrakech, Morocco.
- Ritwik Haldar, Kirtan Gopal Panda, Ashraf Hossain, ” Estimation of Outage Duration for a Mobile Sensor Node”2018 7th International Conference on Reliability, Infocom Technologies and Optimization (ICRITO) (Trends and Future Directions), August 29-31, 2018, AIIT, Amity University Uttar Pradesh, Noida, India
- Kirtan Gopal Panda, Niraj Kumar, A. Hossain, “Conceptual view of low-cost sensory Evaporimeter based on Internet of Things (IoT)”, 11th International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Control (ISCO), 2017, Coimbatore, 2017, pp. 363-367 (IEEE Xplore).
- Kirtan Gopal Panda, Deepak Agrawal, A. Hossain, “Virtual MIMO in wireless sensor network-a survey”, International Conference on Green Engineering and Technologies (IC-GET), 2016, Coimbatore, 2016 (IEEE Xplore).
- Ganesh Prasad, Vishal Kumar, A. Hossain, ‘Deployment of sensor nodes for enhancement of lifetime in event driven wireless sensor network’, International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing (ICCSP), 2016, Madras, India, 2016, pp. 961-966 (IEEE Xplore).
- Ganesh Prasad, Deepak Mishra, Ashraf Hossain, “Coverage-constrained base station deployment and power allocation for operational cost minimization”, 2017 IEEE 28th Annual International Symposium on Personal, Indoor, and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), Montreal, Canada 2017.
- R Ngangbam, A Hossain, A Shukla, “An improved Clustering Based Hierarchical Protocol for extending Wireless Sensor Network Lifetime–EG LEACH”, 2018 IEEE International Conference on System, Computation, Automation and Networking (ICSCA).
- Singh Abhishek Kumar, Debnath Sunandita and Hossain Ashraf, “Efficient Deployment Strategies of Sensor Nodes in Wireless Sensor Networks,” In the Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Techniques in Information and Communication Technologies (ICCTICT 2016), New Delhi, India, March 11–13, 2016.
- Debnath Sunandita and Hossain Ashraf, “Impact of Boundary Effect on Coverage Fraction in Wireless Sensor Network,” In the Proceedings of the International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, and Optimization Techniques (ICEEOT 2016), Chennai, India, March 03–05, 2016.
- Kumar Rajeev, Hossain Ashraf and Ratishchandra Huidrom, “Energy optimization of wireless sensor network with node density in multi hop hexagonal clustering for large structure,” In the Proceedings of the International Conference on Innovations in Information, Embedded and Communication Systems (ICIIECS), 2015, Coimbatore, India, March 19–20, 2015.
- Hossain Ashraf, “On the Impact of Node Failure on Network Coverage in Wireless Sensor Network,” Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Computers and Devices for Communication (CODEC 2012), Hyatt Regency, Kolkata, India, December 17-19, 2012.
- Hossain Ashraf, “On the Impact of Energy Dissipation Model on Characteristic Distance in Wireless Networks,” Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Communication and Industrial Application (ICCIA) 2011, Kolkata, India, 26-28 December, 2011.
- Hossain Ashraf, “Boundary Effect in Node Deployment: Coverage Fraction and Information Generation in Wireless Sensor Network,” In the Proceedings of International Conference on Digital Convergence (ICDC 2011), Chennai, India, pp. 373-377, February, 2011.
- Hossain Ashraf, Chakrabarti S. and Biswas P. K., “Sensing Models and Its Impact on Network Coverage in WSN,” In the Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS 2008), IIT Kharagpur, India, December 8-10, 2008.
- Seetharam A., Bhattacharyya A., Balasubramanian G., Hossain Ashraf and Chakrabarti S., “Energy Efficient Deployment and Scheduling of Nodes in Wireless Sensor Networks,” In the Proceedings of 10th International Symposium on Wireless Personal Multimedia Communications (WPMC 2007), L. N. Mittal Institute of Information Technology (LNMIIT), Jaipur, India, pp. 701-705, December 3-6, 2007.
- Hossain Ashraf, Chakrabarti S. and Biswas P. K., “Node Placement, Sensing Coverage and Information Generation in a Wireless Sensor Network,” In the Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Wireless Communication and Sensor Networks (WCSN 2007), Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Allahabad, India, December 13-15, 2007.
- Hossain Ashraf, Chakrabarti S. and Biswas P. K., “An Analysis on Guaranteed Network Lifetime for Cluster-Based Wireless Sensor Network,” In the Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS 2007), University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, pp. 399-402, August 8-11, 2007.
- Hossain Ashraf, Mishra Rashmita, “Sensing and Link Model for Wireless Sensor Network: Coverage and Connectivity Analysis”, 2nd National Conference EAPE 2013, Kolkata, India
- Hossain Ashraf, “Network Configuration and Energy-Efficient Compression to Maximize Lifetime in Wireless Image Sensor Network,” In the Proceedings of the National Conference on Emerging Areas of Photonics & Electronics 2011 (EAPE 2011), SPIE Student Chapter, B. P. Poddar Institute of Management & Technology, Kolkata, India, pp. 16-28, 15-16 September, 2011.
- Hossain Ashraf, Chakrabarti S. and Biswas P. K., “An Approach to Balance Energy Dissipation in a Wireless Sensor Network,” In the proceedings of the 1st IEEE WIE National Symposium on Emerging Technologies (WieNSET 2007), West Bengal University of Technology, Salt Lake, Kolkata, India, June 29-30, 2007 (CD Proceedings).
- [Book Chapter 1]: Ganesh Prasad, Deepak Mishra, Ashraf Hossain, “QoS-aware Green Communication Strategies for Optimal Utilization of Resources in 5G Networks”, in Paving the Way for 5G Through the Convergence of Wireless Systems, Eds. Ramona Trestian, Gabriel-Miro Muntean, IGI Global, 2018, DOI: 10.4018/978-1-5225-7570-2.
- [Book Chapter 2]Remika Ngangbam, Ashraf Hossain, Alok Shukla, “Performance of Energy and Distance Based Modified Threshold for LEACH”, In: Singh P., Bhargava B., Paprzycki M., Kaushal N., Hong WC. (eds) Handbook of Wireless Sensor Networks: Issues and Challenges in Current Scenario’s, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 1132. Springer, Cham, pp. 52-66, 2020.
- [Book Chapter 3] Ngangbam R., Hossain A., Shukla A. (2020) Lifetime Improvement for Hierarchical Routing with Distance and Energy Based Threshold. In: Hemanth D., Shakya S., Baig Z. (eds) Intelligent Data Communication Technologies and Internet of Things. ICICI 2019. Lecture Notes on Data Engineering and Communications Technologies, vol 38. Springer, Cham
- Senior Member, IEEE
- IEEE Com Society, Member
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- 1. APAN Fellowship Award 2011 (Asia Pacific Advanced Network), as a part of the Fellowship, Attended the 32nd APAN Meeting at New Delhi during Aug. 22-26, 2011;
- 2.Travel Scholarship to attend ICIIS 2007 held at University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka during 8-11 August 2007;
- 3. SIDA Scholarship to attend ICIIS 2007 held at University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka during 8-11 August 2007;
- 4. Qualified the GATE in EC;
- 5. Debashree Biswas (Roy) Memorial Award-1999, K.N. College, W.B, India;
- 6. National Merit Scholarships for 10th to PG course from the MHRD, Govt. of India;
- 7. Senior Member of IEEE,
- 8. Member of IE(I).
- 7. Invited as Resource Person to deliver talk at Barak Valley Engg. College, Karimganj in March 2020 (FIVE-DAY SHORT-TERM COURSE ON RECENT ADVANCEMENTS IN 5G WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS: PHYSICAL AND HIGHER LAYER PERSPECTIVES).
- 8. Invited as Resource Person and Delivered talk on ”Research Methodology” during July 2020, organized by Malla Reddy Engg. College for Women, Secunderabad, Telengana
- 1. Departmental Examination Coordinator (DEC) from April 2018 to August 2020;
- 2. Associate Warden, Hostel-4, NIT Silchar (2015-2017);
- 3. Faculty- in-Charge (FIC) of Electronic Circuit (EC) Laboratory, ECE Dept., NIT Silchar (2013-2017);
- 4. Secretary, DPPC, ECE Dept., NIT Silchar (2013-2015); 5. Ph.D Program Coordinator, ECE Dept., NIT Silchar (2015-2017);
- 6. Faculty- in-Charge (NBA Purchase), ECE Dept. , NIT Silchar;
- 7. Chairman, Stock Verification Committee, ECE Dept. , NIT Silchar;
- 8. Faculty Advisor of 7th semester ECE student (2013), NIT Silchar;
- 9. Served as Teacher-in-charge (TIC), Dept. of ECE, Aliah University, Kolkata, India;
- 10. TPC member of IEEE PIMRC 2008, PIMRC 2011; TPC member of Mosharaka International Conference on Communications and Signal Processing (MIC-CSP 2012);
- 11. Member of the Editorial Board-Journal of Communications of Information Science and Management Engineering (CISME) 2011;
- 12. Reviewer of IEEE Communications Letters, Computers & Electrical Engin
Ph.D. Scholars Guided
- Dr. (Ms.) Barnali Dey-“Development and Performance Studies of Computationally Intelligent Energy Detector for Spectrum Sensing in Cognitive Radio Systems” (Completed Ph.D with Joint Supervisor Prof. R.N.Bera),
- Dr. (Ms.) S. Debnath -“Node Scheduling, Interference and Sensing Models and their Impact on Coverage in Wireless Sensor Networks” (Completed 2019),
- Dr. Sultan M Chowdhury-”Impact of Error Control Code on Characteristic Distance in Terestrial and Underground Wireless Sensor Networks” (Completed 2019),
- Dr. Ganesh Prasad-‘QoS-aware Green Communication Strategies for Optimal Utilization of Resources in Wireless Networks’ (Completed 2019),
- Dr. Ritwik Haldar -” Performance Evaluation of Energy Harvested Wireless Sensor Network Systems Using Markov Model” (Completed 2019),
- Dr. Rajeev Kumar -”Performance of Cooperative Relaying Communications Based on Markov Modelling and Green Technology Using Optimization Theory” (Completed 2019),
- Dr. Remika Ngangbam (PhD degree Awarded by NIT Mizoram) “Studies on performance of Wireless Sensor Network based on cluster based protocol” (Completed 2021 with Joint Supervisor Dr. A Shukla, NIT Mizoram),
- Abhishek Mondal (Registration completed, on-going).
M.Tech. Scholars Guided
- .Rajeev Kumar -”Studies on structure health monitoring using WSN” (completed 2015),
- 2. Kirtan Gopal Panda- ”A novel clustering scheme by affinity propagation in virtual MIMO based WSN” (completed 2016),
- 3. Abhishek Kumar Singh -”Study and analysis of efficient deployment strategies of sensor nodes in wireless sensor network ”(completed 2016),
- 4.Niraj Kumar ”Clustering hierarchy protocol for clustered homegeneous WSNs” (completed 2016),
- 5.Pavan Kumar P. Bandoji ”Optimum modulation scheme for energy constrained wireless sensor network ”(completed 2017),
- 6. Shashank Shekhar ”Study of TRDMA and analytical modelling of spectrum handoff for finite capacity opportunistic CRN using PRP M/G/1/K” (completed 2017),
- 7. Raktim Acharjee ”Optimal Resource Allocation User Association and Cell Planning in Multi-RAT Cellular Network” (completed 2018),
- 8. Shreya Dey ”Security and Authentication in Session-Key Establishment for Smart Home Networks” (completed 2019),
- 9. DHARMENDRA PRAJAPATI- “Performance analysis of wireless power transfer in bi-directional DF relaying aid MRC over Nakagami-m fading” (Completed 2021)
JYOTSNA RANI -“Joint Optimization of IRS Deployment and Passive Beamforming for the Received Power Enhancement in Wireless Powered Systems” (Completed 2022)
Steady State Energy Analysis of Wireless Nano-sensor Network Design and Analysis of Energy Harvesting Wireless Sensor Node With Temporal Death Study of Underwater Channel Characteristics for Acoustic Communication Syestem Power aware control strategies in WSN An energy efficient routing protocol in WSN Home automation using android smartphones
- Name [Year], Project Title
- One Week Webinar on ”Recent Trends in Signal Processing and Communications (RTSPC 2020), organized by ECE Dept., NIT Silchar 10-14 Sep 2020., Co-ordinator