National Institute of Technology (NIT) Silchar
Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering
Silchar, Assam, 788010, India
Date of Joining: 17/07/2019
Academic Experience: 4+ years
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=Yuwfgq4AAAAJ&hl=en
- Ph.D: NIT Agartala, Agartala, India, 2017
- M.Tech: NIT Agartala, Agartala, India, 2013
- B.Tech: NIT Agartala, Agartala, India, 2010
- July 2019 – Till Date: Assistant Professor, National Institute of Technology (NIT) Silchar, Assam, 788010, India
- November 2018 – July 2019: Senior project Scientist, IIT Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi, 110016, India
- July 2018 – November 2018: Temporary Faculty, National Institute of Technology (NIT) Mizoram, Aizawl, Mizoram, 796112, India
- July 2017 – July 2018: Assistant Professor, National Institute of Technology (NIT) Nagaland, Dimapur, Nagaland, 797103, India
Research Interest and Specialization
- Non-classical MOSFET devices with low subthreshold swing
- Flexible health monitoring device
- Optoelectronics material and device, Glancing angle deposition
- Fabrication of novel Nanostructures and their optical and electrical properties
- IEEE Transaction on Electronic Devices.
- IEEE Transaction on Nanotechnology.
- IEEE Sensor Journal.
- Journal of Crystal Growth.
- Optical Materials.
- AIP Advances.
- Materials Today.
- Journal of Porous Materials etc.
- Various International Conferences.
- Delivered an invited lecture on “Application of Negative Capacitance Field Effect Transistor as low power devices” in International Conference for Emerging Materials for Technological Applications (ICEMTA – 2022) organized by Vignan’s Institute of Information Technology(VIIT), Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India on 24th November 2022.
- Delivered an invited lecture on “Source of Power dissipation and Power supply scaling and threshold differentiation” in Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on Low Power VLSI Design organized by E&ICT Academy, NIT Warangal, Warangal, Telangana, during 28th March 2022 – 7th April 2022.
- Delivered an invited lecture on “Some emerging electronic devices in low power VLSI design” in Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on Introduction to Low Power VLSI Design and Applications organized by E&ICT Academy, NIT Warangal, Warangal, Telangana, during 23 December 2021 – 3 January 2022.
- Delivered an invited lecture on “How to write scientific article and submit it to journal” in Online workshop on Publication Process and improvement on quality of research organized by JIS College of Engineering, Kalyani, West Bengal during 25th April, 2021.
- Delivered three invited lecture on “A review on development of flexible devices for long term Electro Cardio Graph(ECG) observation” in AICTE- AQIS sponsored online short term training programme on “Evolution of Polytronics in future Technology” organized by M.A.M. College of Engineering, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, during December 7-26, 2020.
- Delivered an invited lecture on “Evolution of Semiconductor Devices: From P-N junction devices to non-conventional Field Effect Transistors” in Online International workshop on Recent Advances in Electrical Engineering organized by Tripura Institute of Technology (TIT) Narsingarh, Agartala, Tripura during 22nd June-3rd July, 2020.
- JP Singh, Yogita Maithani, Bijit Choudhuri, Flexible Gel-Less Antibacterial Electrodes, Method for Manufacturing and System Deploying said Electrodes for Cardiac Monitoring, Indian Patent, 202011029896 A, 21/01/2022
- Zohmingliana, Bijit Choudhuri, Brinda Bhowmick, “Study the impact of graphene channel over conventional silicon on DC/analog and RF performance of DG dual-material-gate VTFET” Microelectronics Journal 128, 105581 (2022)
- Malvika, Bijit Choudhuri, Kavicharan Mummaneni, “A New Pocket-Doped NCFET for Low Power Applications: Impact of Ferroelectric and Oxide Thickness on its Performance” Micro and Nanostructures 169, 207360 (2022)
- Malvika, Bijit Choudhuri, Kavicharan Mummaneni, “Analysis of Performance for Novel Pocket-Doped NCFET under the influence of Interface Trap Charges and Temperature Variation,” Microelectronics Journal 127, 105542 (2022)
- Malvika, Bijit Choudhuri, Kavicharan Mummaneni, “A Review on a Negative Capacitance Field‑Effect Transistor for Low‑Power Applications” Journal of Electronic Materials 51, pages 923–937 (2022),
- Yogita Maithani, Bijit Choudhuri, B.R. Mehta, J.P. Singh, “Self-adhesive, stretchable, and dry silver nanorods embedded polydimethylsiloxane biopotential electrodes for electrocardiography,” Sensors and Actuators: A. Physical, vol. 332, pp. 113068-1 – 113068-11 (2021)
- H. Manas Singh, Bijit Choudhuri, P. Chinnamuthu, “Reduction of interface state density in coaxial TiO2/Ge nanowire assembly-based heterostructure and superior photodetection,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Volume 853, Pp. 157344 (2021)
- Jagritee Talukdar, Bijit Choudhuri, Kavicharan Mummaneni, “Impact of temperature counting the effect of back gate bias on the performance of extended source tunnel FET (ESTFET) with δp+ SiGe pocket layer” Applied Physics A, vol. 127, pp. 1-14 (2020)
- H Manas Singh ; Bijit Choudhuri ; P Chinnamuthu, “Investigation of optoelectronic properties in germanium nanowire integrated silicon substrate using kelvin probe force microscopy,” IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, Volume: 19, Page(s): 628 – 634, (2020)
- Kamal Kant Kashyap, Bijit Choudhuri, and P. Chinnamuthu, “Enhanced Optical and Electrical Properties of Metallic Surface Plasmon Sensitized TiO2 Nanowires” IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, Volume 19, Pp. 519-526, (2020)
- Jagritee Talukdar, Gopal Rawat, Bijit Choudhuri, Kunal Singh, Kavicharan Mummaneni, “Device physics based analytical modeling for electrical characteristics of single gate extended source tunnel FET (SG-ESTFET)” Superlattices and Microstructures, Elsevier, vol. 19, pp. 106725-1 – 106725-10 (2020),
- Bikram Kishore Mahajan, Bijit Choudhuri, Debkalpa Goswami, Ajitabh Kumar Tiwari, Mitra Barun Sarkar, and Aniruddha Mondal, “Enhanced Photodetection with Crystalline Si Nanoclusters” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 20(4), 2344-2350 (2020)
- Pheiroijam Pooja, Bijit Choudhuri, V Saranyan, P Chinnamuthu, “Synthesis of coaxial TiO2/In2O3 nanowire assembly using glancing angle deposition for wettability application” Applied Nanoscience, 9 (4), 529-537 (2019)
- S. Mondal, A. Ghosh, M R. Piton, J. P Gomes, J. F Felix, Y. G. Gobato, H. V A. Galeti, B. Choudhuri, S. M. M. Dhar Dwivedi, M. Henini, A. Mondal, “Investigation of optical and electrical properties of Erbium-doped TiO2 thin films for photodetector applications” Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, Volume 29, Issue 22, pp 19588–19600, (November, 2018)
- R Lahiri, A Ghosh, B Choudhuri, A Mondal, “Investigation on improved performance of Erbium doped TiO2 nanowire based UV detector” Materials Research Bulletin 103, 259-267, (2018)
- M. B. Sarkar, B. Choudhuri, P. Bhattacharya, R.N. Barman, S.M.M. Dhar Dwivedi, S. Chakrabartty and A. Mondal, Improved UV Photodetction By Indium Doped TiO2 Thin Film Based Photodetector, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Volume 18, pp. 4898-4903(6), (2018)
- B. Choudhuri, A. Mondal, S. M. M. D. Dwivedi, M. Henini, Fabrication of novel transparent Co3O4-TiO2 nanowires p-n heterojunction diodes for multiband photodetection applications, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 712, 7-14 (2017)
- B. Choudhuri, A. Mondal, A. Saha, “Enhanced Photodetection from TiO2–SiO x–TiO2 One-Dimensional Device,” Journal of Electronic Materials, 45 (8), 4208-4214 (2016)
- S. Saha, A. Mondal, T. Goswami, B. Choudhuri, M.B. Sarkar, A. K. Tiwari, K. K. Chattopadhyay, “TiO2 nanowires/ PMMA based hybrid photodetector: improved light detection” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 16 (3), 2737-2741 (2016)
- MB Sarkar, A Mondal, B Choudhuri, “Presence of capacitive memory in indium doped TiO2 alloy thin film,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 654, 529-533 (2015)
- T. Goswami, A Mondal, P Singh, B Choudhuri, “In2-XO3-Y 1D perpendicular nanostructure arrays as ultraviolet detector” Solid State Sciences 48, 56-60 (2015)
- C. Ngangbam, A. Mondal, B. Choudhuri, “Efficient photon management with Ag nanoparticles coated TiO2 nanowire clusters for photodetector application” Electronic Materials Letter, 11 (5), 758-763, (2015)
- A.K. Tiwari, A. Mondal, B.K. Mahajan, B. Choudhuri, T. Goswami, M.B. Sarkar, S. Chakrabartty, C. Ngangbam and S. Saha, “Improved photo detection using Zigzag TiO2 nanostructure as an active medium” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology 15, 5099-5104 (2015)
- A. Mondal, A. Ganguly, A. Das, B. Choudhuri, R. K. Yadav, “The Ag Nanoparticles/TiO2 thin film device for enhanced photoconduction and role of traps” Plasmonics, 10 (3), 667-673, (2015)
- B. Choudhuri, A. Mondal, A. Ganguly, A. K. Saha, K. K. Chattopadhyay, “Glancing angle synthesized Indium nanoparticles covered TiO2 thin film and its structural, optoelectronic properties,” Applied Physics A, Vol: 118, Page: 373-379 (2015).
- M.B. Sarkar, A. Mondal, B. Choudhuri, B. K. Mahajan, S. Chakrabartty and C. Ngangbam, “Enlarged broad band photodetection using Indium doped TiO2 alloy thin film” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Vol. 615, 440–445, (2014)
- A. Mondal, B. Mahajan, B. Choudhuri, A. K. Tiwari, S. Chakraborty, K. K. Chattopadhay, “SiOx Nanodots as “green gap” solution”. Journal of Nanophotonics, 8(1), 083069 (2014).
- N. K. Singh, B. Choudhuri, A. Mondal, J. C. Dhar, T. Goswami, S. Saha, C. Ngangbam, “2D Like Photonic Crystal Using In2O3-SiOx Heterostructure Nanocolumn Arrays and Humidity Sensing” Electronic Materials Letters, 10 (5), 975-980 (2014).
- A Ganguly, A Mondal, B Choudhuri, T Goswami, KK Chattopadhyay, “Ag nanoparticles patterned TiO2 thin film plasmonic detector for enlarged light detection” Advanced Science, Engineering and Medicine 6 (7), 797-801 (2014)
- S. Chakrabartty, A. Mondal, M.B. Sarkar, B. Choudhuri, A. K. Saha and A. Bhattacharyya, “TiO2 nanoparticles arrays ultraviolet-A detector with Au Schottky contact” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters Volume:26 , Issue: 11 1065 – 1068 (2014)
- B. Choudhuri, A. Mondal, J. C. Dhar, N. K. Singh, T. Goswami, and K. K. Chattopadhyay, “Enhanced photocurrent from generated photothermal heat in Indium nanoparticles embedded TiO2 film”, Applied Physics Letters, 102, 233108 (2013).
- Ramesh Potharaju and Bijit Choudhuri, “Evolution of tunnel field effect transistor and scope in low power applications: A detailed review” in 2nd International Conference on Micro/Nanoelectronics Devices, Circuits, and Systems (MNDCS 2022) at NIT Silchar, Assam, India during 29-31 Jan 2022.
- Malvika, Bijit Choudhuri and Kavicharan Mummaneni, Performance analysis of MFIS NCFET for various channel material, in 2nd International Conference on Micro/Nanoelectronics Devices, Circuits, and Systems (MNDCS 2022) at NIT Silchar, Assam, India during 29-31 Jan 2022.
- B. Choudhuri, A. Mondal, and S. M. M. D. Dwivedi, Glancing Angle Deposition Synthesized Co3O4-TiO2 Longitudinal Nanowire Heterostructure and its Properties, The Second International Conference on Emerging Materials: Characterization & Application in National Institute of Technology Durgapur on 15-17th March, 2017
- A Mondal, A Dey, AK Das, B Choudhuri, “Studies on temperature dependence of current-voltage characteristics of glancing angle deposited indium oxide nanowire on silicon substrate,” Proceeding of International Conference on Condensed Matter and Applied Physics, 1728 (1), 020187, 2016/5/6.
- B. Choudhuri, A. Mondal, and A. Saha, “Photocatalytic degradation of methylene blue using TiO2 nanowire – SiOx zigzag – TiO2 nanowire composite nanostructure” The First International Conference on Emerging Materials: Characterization & Application in National Institute of Technology Durgapur and CSIR-Central Glass & Ceramic Research Institute, Jadavpur, Kolkata on 4-6th December, 2014
- B. Choudhuri, B. Shougaijam, K. Bhowmik, B. K. Mahajan, A. K. Tiwari and A. Mondal, “Fabrication and characterization of Indium nanoparticles based plasmonic photodetector,” 3rd International Conference on Advanced Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology (2013), IIT Guwahati during 1st -3rd December.
- B. Choudhuri and A. Mondal, “Group III Nitride and Other Semiconductors for Terahertz Detector” in “Emerging Trends in Terahertz Solid-State Physics and Devices,” 1st ed, Eds. A. Biswas, A. Banerjee, A. Acharyya, H. Inokawa, J.N. Roy, Singapore, Springer Singapore, 2020;
- Yogita Maithani, Bijit Choudhuri, B. R. Mehta, J. P. Singh, “A comprehensive review on fabrication and performance evaluation of dry electrodes for long term ECG monitoring” in “Modelling and Analysis of Active Biopotential Signals in Healthcare-Volume 2″ Eds. Varun Bajaj and GR Sinha, IOP Publishing UK
- Member, IEEE
- IEEE Electron Device Society, Member
- 06/2020 – Till Date. Secretary (DUPC)
Ph.D. Scholars Guided
- Malvika , Ongoing (Co-guide)
- Potharaju Ramesh  Ongoing
- Swapna Bharali  Ongoing
- Zhomingliana  Ongoing (Co-guide)
- T. Surender Reddy  Ongoing
- Brahmaiah Battula  Ongoing
M.Tech Scholars Guided
- Khan Abdulkaleem Abdulquyyaum , Enabling Improved Gate Level Simulation at IP and SOC Level.
- Rishav Paul , Simulation And Analysis of High Efficiency Organic-Inorganic Halide Perovskite Solar Cells Using SCAPS-1D.
- Nayan Das , Design and analysis of High efficient Germanium halide Perovskite/Silicon Tandem Solar Cell – an aspect for environmental applications.
- Shivam Tripathi , Design of a Low-Power, Low-Noise Operational Transconductance Amplifier using Bulk-Driven MOS.
- Alok Kumar Jha , A Dual Si0.7Ge0.3 Pocket Doped TFET-Based Dielectric-Modulated Biosensor for Sensing of Neutral Biomolecules: A Simulation Study.
- Vikash Verma, Nayanjyoti Baishya, Shivam Singh , Improvement of Performance in Double Gate Junction-less Transistor using high ‘k’ Dielectric.
- Reddy Purna Teja, Santosh Panjiyar, Saurav Singh, Sanchit Verma,  ECG-based Arrhythmia Classification using Machine Learning and Deep Learning Techniques.
- Sumit Daimari, Ruhit Sutradhar, Yash Pratap Singh, Anshika Singh,  Device simulation of eco‐friendly CH3NH3SnI3 perovskite solar cell.
- Recent Trends in Innovative CMOS-MEMS Technologies and Applications: Hands on Learning, TEQIP-III Sponsored, Dept. of ECE, NIT Silchar, Silchar, 2020, Co-ordinator