National Institute of Technology (NIT) Silchar
Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering
Silchar, Assam, 788010, India
Date of Joining: 17/03/1998
Academic Experience: 24+ years
Personal Webpage: http://ec.nits.ac.in/klb/
- Ph.D.: National Institute of Technology, Silchar, India
- M.Tech.: Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India, 2004
- B.Tech.: Regional Engineering College, Silchar, India, 1995
- Professor @ ECE Department National Institute of Technology Silchar 6th July 2022 to till date
- 26 Jun 2018 – 5th July 2022: Associate Professor, National Institute of Technology (NIT) Silchar, Assam, 788010, India
- 17 Mar 1998 – 25 Jun 2018: Assistant Professor, National Institute of Technology (NIT) Silchar, Assam, 788010, India
RESEARCH INTERESTS AND SPECIALIZATION
- Analog VLSI Design for Biomedical applications
- RF VLSI Design for Wireless Communications
- Algorithms to VLSI architecture for communications and machine learning
B.E (Regional Enginnering College Silchar) (presently National Institute of Technology Silchar) in the year 1995. M.Tech from Indian Institute of Technology kharagpur, WB in the year 2004. PhD from NIT Silchar.; Professional carrier: Production Engineer in “WIDECOM FAX and Plotter” NOIDA EXPORT PROCESSING ZONE- NOIDA Phase-II in the year 1996-1997 Lecturer REC Silchar since 17th March 1998.
- Chip to System Project, MeitY, 133 Lakhs, Year [2015- 2022]
- Inventors: Krishna Lal Baishnab, Koushik Guha, Siddhartha Roy, Title: An ultra-fast, ultra-small, ultra-low power robust block cipher for resource-constrained IoT security applications, Agency: German, 2022.
- Sarkar; A. Srivastava; S. K. Tripathy, Ph.D; K. L. Baishnab; T. R. Lenka; P. S. Menon; F. Lin; A. G. Aberle, “Exploring the Effect of Ga3+ Doping on Structural, Electronic and Optical Properties of CH3NH3PbCl3 Perovskites: An Experimental Study” Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics ( Accepted July 2020).
- Biswas, A. Majumdar, S. Nath, A. Dutta, and K. L. Baishnab. “LRBC: a lightweight block cipher design for resource-constrained IoT devices.” Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing, 1-15,2020. Indexed in SCIE, Springer. (Impact Factor: 4.594).
- A. Biswas, A. Majumdar, S. Das, K. L. Baishnab, “OCSO-CA: Opposition based Competitive Swarm Optimizer in Energy Efficient IoT Clustering”, Frontiers of Computer Science. Indexed in SCIE, Springer. (Impact Factor: 1.284).
- Ashim Jyoti Gogoi, K L Baishnab, “Dynamic threshold based throughput enhancement in cognitive radio network using hidden Markov model with state prediction” Wireless Personal Communications accepted July 2020.
- Naushad Manzoor Laskar, Koushik Guha, Indronil Chatterjee, Saurav Chanda, K.L.Baishnab, P.K.Paul, “HWPSO: A new Hybrid Whale-Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm and its application in Electronic Design Optimization Problems”, Applied Intelligence, Springer, vol.49, pp.265-291, 2019. (SCI)
- M.Laskar, K.Guha, S.Nath, S.Chanda, K.L.Baishnab, P.K.Paul, K.S.Rao, “ Design of High Gain, high Bandwidth Neural Amplifier IC considering noise-power trade-off”, Microsystems Technologies, Springer, DOI: 10.1007/s00542-018-4142-5. (Available Online) (SCI)
- M.Laskar, S.Nath, K.Guha, P.K.Paul, K.L.Baishnab, “Design of a Low Offset, Low Noise Amplifier for Neural Recording Application,” Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, NISCAIR, vol.79, May 2020. (SCIE)
- M.Laskar, K.Guha, S.Nath, K.L.Baishnab, P.K.Paul, “Optimal Sizing of Recycling Folded Cascode Amplifier for low frequency applications using new hybrid swarm based technique,” Applied Artificial Intelligence, Taylor and Francis, DOI: 10.1080/08839514.2020.1790163 (Available Online) (SCIE).
- M.Laskar, K.Guha, P.K.Paul. K.L.Baishnab, “Random Offset Minimization in Low Frequency Front-End Amplifiers using Swarm Intelligence based techniques,” Evolutionary Intelligence, Springer. (under revision) (ESCI).
- Abhishek Majumdar, Tapas Debnath, Arpita Biswas, Sandeep K. Sood, Krishna Lal Baishnab, “An Energy Efficient e-Healthcare Framework Supported by Novel EO-μGA (Extremal Optimization Tuned Micro-Genetic Algorithm” Information Systems Frontiers (SCI Journal) https://doi.org/10.1007/s10796-020-10016-5.
- Majumdar, A. Biswas, K. L. Baishnab, S. K. Sood, “LRBC: A Lightweight Block Cipher Design for Resource Constrained IoT Devices using 65nm Technology”, Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing, Vol.:(0123456789)://doi.org/10.1007/s12652-020-01694-9, 2020.
- Sagarika Choudhary, Neeraj Kumar, K L Baishnab, Koushik Guha, “Design and simulation of P-TFET for improved ION/IOFF ratio and subthreshold slope using strained Si1−xGex channel heterojunction”, Microsystem Technologieshttps://doi.org/10.1007/s00542-019-04722-7, 2019.
- Sagarika Choudhary, K L Baishnab, “An Evolutionary Algorithm based Optimized Double gate Hetero-material Tunnel FET,” Journal of Computational Electronics, Springer, accepted November 18th- 2019. (SCI Journal)
- Majumdar, A. Biswas, A. Majumder, S. K. Sood, K. L. Baishnab, “A Novel DNA-Inspired Encryption Model for Concealing Cloud Storage,” Frontiers of Computer Science, Springer. (Accepted) 8th November 2019 (SCI Journal)
- Arifa Ahmed, K L Baishnab,” Joint Optimal Design of Sensing Time and Transmission Power for Maximizing Energy Efficiency in Cognitive Radio System,” Wireless personal communications, Springer, October 2019, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11277-019-06814-z.
- Preeti, K Guha, K L Baishnab, Kalayan Dursalapudi, K Narshima Raju, “Low frequency MEMS accelerometers in health monitoring – A review based on material and design aspects,” Materials Today proceedings, Elsevier, accepted 22nd June 2019.
- Sarkar, J. Mazumder, S.K. Tripathy, K.L. Baishnab, and G. Palai, “Structural, optoelectronic, and morphological study of indium-doped methylammonium lead chloride perovskites”, Applied Physics A 125(8), (2019)580. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00339-019-2877-1, 2019. (SCI Journal)
- Paramita Sarkar, Rishikanta Mayengbam, S. K. Tripathy, and L. Baishnab, “Cubic methylammonium lead chloride perovskite as a transparent conductor in solar cell applications: An experimental and theoretical study”, Indian journal of pure & applied physics (IJPAP) 2019. SCI Journal
- Majumdar, T. Debnath, S. K. Sood, K. L. Baishnab, “Kyasanur Forest Disease Classification Framework Using Novel Extremal Optimization Tuned Neural Network in Fog Computing Environment”, Journal of Medical Systems, Springer, vol. 42, pp. 187, 2018. DoI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10916-018-1041-3. Indexed in SCI, Thomson Reuters. (Impact Factor: 2.415).
- Majumdar, N. M. Laskar, A. Biswas, S. K. Sood, K. L. Baishnab, “Energy Efficient e-Healthcare Framework using HWPSO-based Clustering Approach”, Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems, IOS Press, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 3957-69, 2019. DoI: https://doi.org/10.3233/JIFS-169957. Indexed in SCI, Thomson Reuters. (Impact Factor: 1.637).
- Majumdar, A. Biswas, K. L. Baishnab, S. K. Sood, “DNA Based Cloud Storage Security Framework using Fuzzy Decision Making Technique”, KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 3794-3820, 2019. DoI: https://doi.org/10.3837/tiis.2019.07.025 2019. Indexed in SCI, Thomson Reuters. (Impact Factor: 0.711).
- Ashim Gogoi and Krishna Baishnab, “Swarm intelligence based optimization of energy consumption in cognitive radio network”, Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems, IOS Press, Netherlands (ISSN print 1064-1246, ISSN online 1875-8967) 2018
- K. Guha, N.M.Laskar, H. J. Gogoi, S. Chanda, K. L. Baishnab, K. Srinivasa Rao. “An Improved Analytical Model for Static Pull-in Voltage of a Flexured MEMS Switch”, Microsystem Technologies, Springer accepted 18th April 2018.
- K.Guha, N.M.Laskar, H.J.Gogoi, K.L.Baishnab, K. Srinivasa Rao, “A New Analytical Model for Switching Time of a Perforated MEMS Switch”, Microsystem Technologies, Springer, Feb. 2018.doi: 10.1007/s00542-018-3803-8.
- Srinivasa Rao Karumuri; Sateesh J`; KoushikGuha; K.L. Baishnab,GirijaSravani K, P. Ashok, “Design and Analysis of MEMS based piezoelectric micro pump integrated with micro needle”, Microsystem Technologies, April, 2018. Springer.doi: 10.1007/s00542-018-3807-4.
- Srinivasa Rao Karumuri; Akshar Kumar R; Girijasravani k; Sateesh J; KoushikGuha; K.L.Baishanab, “Analysis of Uniform Structured RF MEMS Switch with Different Uniform and Non-Uniform Meandering Techniques”, Microsystem Technologies, Springer(accepted).
- Guha, Koushik.,Laskar, N. M., Gogoi, H., Borah, A., L.Baishnab, Baishya, S.: “Modeling and Optimization of Pull-in Voltage in a Flexured MEMS Switch Incorporating Beam Perforation Effect”, Journal of Solid State Electronics, Elsevier, Vol.137,pp.85-94, 2017. doi:10.1016/j.sse.2017.08.007
- AJ Gogoi, NM Laskar, L Singh, KL Baishnab, “Throughput Optimization of Cognitive Radio Network Using Swarm Intelligence Techniques,” International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security, Vol.14 (11), 443, 2017.
- C.L.Singh, Ch.Anandini, A.J.Gogoi, K.L.Baishnab,“Automated sizing of Low-noise CMOS analog amplifier using ALCPSO optimization algorithm,” Journal of Information and Optimization Sciences, JIOS, Taylor and Francis, Vol.39. No.1, pp.99-111, 2017.doi: 10.1080/02522667.2017.1380408
- K.L.Baishnab, P.K.Paul, N.M.Laskar, S.Nath, P.Sarkar, “ Modelling and Optimization of CMOS Winner takes All Circuit for imrpoved Slew Rate using Swarm Intelligence based techniques,” Journal of Information and Optimization Sciences, JIOS, Taylor and Francis, Vol.38, No.6, pp.841-856,2017.doi:10.1080/02522667.2017.1372133
- P.Sarkar, N.M.Laskar, S,Nath, S.Chanda, K.L.Baishnab, “ Offset Voltage Minimization based Circuit Sizing of CMOS OpAmp using Whale Optimization Algorithm,” Journal of Information and Optimization Sciences, JIOS, Taylor and Francis,Vol.39, No.1, pp.83-98, 2017. doi: 10.1080/02522667.2017.1372913.
- C.L.Singh, Ch.Anandini, A.J.Gogoi, K.L.Baishnab, “Automated design of Low-Noise, High Gain CMOS Two Stage Operational Amplifier via Thermal Noise Optimization Methodology, International Journal of Current Trends in Science and Technology, Vol.7, No.9, pp.20276-20289, 2017.
- B.Sinha, S.Nath, K.L.Baishnab,“ A Hybrid RFD-ACO Approach for Routing Optimization in VLSI Physical Design,” Journal of Information and Optimization Sciences, JIOS, Taylor and Francis, Vol.39,No.1,pp.53-66.doi:10.1080/02522667.2017.1372910.
- K.Paul,NaushadManzoorLaskar,SouravNath, K.L.Baishnab,“Performance Analysis of new Swarm Intelligence based Algorithms in optimizing the design of CMOS Folded Cascode OPAMP and Comparator Circuits” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, ISSN 0973-4562 Vol. 10 No.5 2015.
- L.Singh, Ch.Anandini, A.J.Gogoi, K.L.Baishnab, “Analysis and Optimization of noises of an analog circuit via PSO algorithms,” Microsystem Technologies, Springer, October, 2017. doi: 10.1007/s00542-017-3573-8.
- AJ Gogoi, CL Singh, S Nath, KL Baishnab, “Optimization of Sensing Time in Energy Detector Based Sensing of Cognitive Radio Network,” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research 11 (6), 4563-4568. , 2015.
- V, Kumar, L.Baishnab, B.Kumar, “A Novel Shared Active Pixel Architecture (SAPA) with Low Dark Current and High Fill-Factor (FF) for CMOS Image Sensors,” Journal of Low Power Electronics, Vol.13, No.3,pp.490-496,2017.
- J. Gogoi; N. M. Laskar; Ch. L. Singh; K. Guha; K. L. Baishnab , “Throughput Optimization in Multi-user Single Relay Cognitive Radio Network using Swarm Intelligence Techniques”, Journal of information science and engineering (JISE),(SCI Journal)34, 885-902 DOI: 10.6688/JISE.201807_34(4).00062018.
- Sarkar, P., A. Srivastava, S. K. Tripathy, K. L. Baishnab, T. R. Lenka, P. S. Menon, F. Lin, and A. G. Aberle. “Exploring the effect of Ga 3+ doping on structural, electronic and optical properties of CH 3 NH 3 PbCl 3 perovskites: an experimental study.” Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics(2020): 1-15.’
- Laskar, N. M., Koushik Guha, K. L. Baishnab, P. K. Paul, and K. Srinivasa Rao. “Optimizing the random offset voltage in two stage amplifier considering noise-power trade-off using HWPSO algorithm.” In Energy Systems, Drives and Automations, pp. 349-359. Springer, Singapore, 2020.
- Devi, S., Guha, K., Laskar, N. M., Nath, S., Baishnab, K. L., Iannacci, J., & Krishnaswamy, N. (2021). Modelling and analysis of a modified preamplifier for seizure detection. Microsystem Technologies, 1-14.(SCI).
- Devi, K. Guha, and K. L. Baishnab, “Metaheuristic algorithms-based approach for optimal design of improvised fully differential amplifier for biomedical applications,” 2021 Devices for Integrated Circuit (DevIC), 2021, pp. 605-609, doi: 10.1109/DevIC50843.2021.9455831.
- Choudhury, Sagarika, Krishna Lal Baishnab, and Koushik Guha. “An approach to improve performance of an SELBOX TFET using hetero-stacked source.” 2020 International Symposium on Devices, Circuits and Systems (ISDCS). IEEE, 2020
- Devi, K. Guha, K. L. Baishnab, ” Design and Analysis of Various Neural Preamplifier Circuits'”, Submicron semiconductor devices: design and applications, CRC Press Taylor and Francis Group, 2020.
- Choudhury, K. L. Baishnab, K. Guha , B.Bhowmick “Hybrid intelligent technique based doping profile optimization in a double gate hetero-dielectric TFET”, for publication in book chapter in “Sub micron semiconductor Devices: Design and Applications” published by CRC press, Taylor and francis group.
- Devi, K. Guha, N. M. Laskar, S. Nath, K. L. Baishnab. (2020) Design and Analysis of an Improvised Fully Differential Amplifier. In: Mallick P.K., Meher P., Majumder A., Das S.K. (eds) Electronic Systems and Intelligent Computing. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, vol 686. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-7031-5_85.
- IEEE Electron Device Society, Member
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Best Paper in “VDAT ” VLSI Design Conference, Kolkata 2016
- January 2022 to Till date : Registrar NIT Silchar
- Apr 2020 to Jan 2022: HOD Electronics and communication Engineering NIT Silchar
- Oct 2018 to Jan 2022: Dean Alumni Relations, NIT Silchar
- Jan 2016 to Mar 2018: HOD Electronics and communication Engineering NIT Silchar
Ph.D. Scholars Guided
|Title of PhD Thesis||Name PhD Scholar||Awarding Year|
|Swarm Intelligence Techniques in analog Circuit Design Optimisation||Prasanta Kumar Paul||2016|
|Optimization of Throughput and Energy Consumption in Cognitive Radio Network||Ashim Jyoti Gogoi||2019|
|Design and Development of Efficient and Secure Fog Computing assistede-Healthcare Frameworks||Abhishek Mazumder||2019|
|Design and Optimization of Analog Circuits for Low Noise Application using SI-based Algorithm”||Lison Singh||2020|
|Study of Organic-Inorganic Lead Halide Perovskites for Optoelectronic Applications||Paramita Sarkar||2020|
|Design and Optimization of Neural Amplifiers using the novel Hybrid Whale Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm||Naushad Manzoor Laskar||2021|
|Design and Development of Secured Energy-Efficient IoT-Cloud Data Transmission Frameworks in E-Healthcare System||Arpita Biswas||2021|
|QoS-aware Smart Policies for Cognitive Radio Networks||Arifa Ahmed||2021|
|Optimal design of TFET using Meta-heuristic algorithm for improved performance.||Sagarika Choudhury||2022|