National Institute of Technology (NIT) Silchar
Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering
Silchar, Assam, 788010, India
Date of Joining: 24/05/2013
Academic Experience: 08+ years
Personal Webpage: http://ec.nits.ac.in/gprasad
- Ph.D.: NIT Silchar, Assam, India, 2019
- M.Tech.: IIT (BHU), Varanasi, UP, India, 2012
- B.Tech.: SASTRA University, Thanjavur, Tamilnadu, India, 2010
- Feb. 2021 – Present: Assistant Professor (Gr. 7000), National Institute of Technology (NIT) Silchar, Assam, 788010, India
- May 2013 – Feb 2021: Assistant Professor (Gr. 6000), National Institute of Technology (NIT) Silchar, Assam, 788010, India
- Jan 2013 – May 2013: Lecturer, National Institute of Technology (NIT) Raipur, Chhattisgarh, 492010, India
- Jan 2012 – Jun. 2012: Trainee, STMicroelectronics, Greater Noida, 201308, India
RESEARCH INTERESTS AND SPECIALIZATION
- Digital Communication, Signal Processing, Information Theory and Coding, Signal and System, Satellite Communication,
- Mobile Communication and Wireless Networks, Cooperative Wireless Communications, Underwater Networks,
- Free Space Optical Communications and Green Communications, Massive MIMO, Cooperative MIMO, NOMA,
- Wireless Sensor Networks, Power Line Communications, Smart Grid, Cognitive Radios, IoT,
- Signal Processing for Communication, 5G Networks, Next Generation Wireless Networks, UAV-assisted Networks, OFTS,
- Machine Learning, Deep Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Convex Optimization
Dr. Ganesh Prasad has completed his M.Tech in Communication Systems from Dept. of Electronics Engineering, IIT-BHU, Varanasi. He joined NIT Raipur as an Assistant Professor, and after working briefly there, he joined NIT Silchar as an Assistant Professor in the Dept. of Electronics and Communication Engineering. He has received his Ph. D from the same institute. Since the last eight years, he is an active member of IEEE Communication Society and has chaired many technical sessions in flagship IEEE Conferences like, IEEE PIMRC, IEEE CCNC. He is also a potential reviewer of many journals like, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, IEEE Systems Journal. He has published his research works in many reputed conferences and journals in IEEE Communication Society along with various book chapters in Springer and IET. He has been working with many national as well as international collaborations like, UNSW Sydney, Australia, CentraleSupélec University France, Mathematical and Algorithmic Sciences Lab, France Research Center, Huawei Technologies Co., IIT Jammu, IIT Delhi, NIT Jaipur. His research interests include cooperative 5G and beyond communications, underwater IoT networks, free space optical communications, green communications, OFDM, NOMA, MIMO, classical convex optimization, and optimizations using machine learning. He is also working on the project granted by CCBT, MeitY, Govt. of India, 2020.
- Green Communications Systems Lab (GCSL)
- Title: Development of Efficient Joint Antenna and User Scheduling Schemes for Massive MIMO Limited Feedback Broadcast Channels for 5G and Beyond Communication Systems, Funding Agency: Meity, Govt. of India
Refereed International Journals
- G. Prasad et al., “Joint Optimization Framework for Operational Cost Minimization in Green Coverage-Constrained Wireless Networks”, IEEE Transactions on Green Communications and Networking, vol. 2, pp. 693-706, Sep. 2018.
- G. Prasad et al., “Joint Optimal Design for Outage Minimization in DF Relay-assisted Underwater Acoustic Networks”, IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 12, pp. 1724-1727, Aug. 2018.
- G. Prasad et al., “QoS and Energy Aware Optimal Resource Allocations in DF Relay-Assisted FSO”, IEEE Transactions on Green Communications and Networking, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 914-926, Sep. 2020.
- G. Prasad et al., “Energy-Aware Outage Probability Minimization in DF-Relayed Power Line Communication”, IEEE Networking Letters, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 23-26, Mar. 2021.
- G. Prasad et al., “Minimization of Energy-Efficient Outage Probability in AF-Relayed PLC”, IEEE Systems Journal (Early Access), Dec. 2021.
- “Joint Optimization Framework for Minimization of Device Energy Consumption in Transmission Rate Constrained UAV-assisted IoT Network”, IEEE Internet of Things Journal (Early Access), Nov. 2021
- “Cognitive Radio Timing Protocol for Interference-Constrained Throughput Maximization”, IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking (Early Access), Dec. 2021.
Refereed International Conferences
- G. Prasad et al., “Coverage-constrained Base Station Deployment and Power Allocation for Operational Cost Minimization”, in Proc. IEEE Personal, Indoor, and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), Montreal, QC, Canada, Oct. 2017, pp. 1-5.
- G. Prasad et al., “QoS-aware Power Allocation and Relay Placement in Green Cooperative FSO Communications” in Proc. IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), Marrakech, Morocco, Apr. 2019, pp. 1-6.
- G. Prasad et al., “Energy-Efficient Outage Probability Minimization in AF-Relayed Power Line Communication”, in Proc. IEEE Personal, Indoor, and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), London, UK, Sep. 2020, pp. 1-6.
- “Performance Analysis of Multi-Antenna CR System with Beamforming Under Various Traffic Scenarios”, in Proc. IEEE Consumer Communications & Networking Conference (CCNC), Las Vegas, USA, Jan. 2021, pp. 1-6.
- G. Prasad et al., “Optimal New Node Insertion for Strong Minimum Energy Topology in IoT Networks”, in Proc. IEEE Consumer Communications & Networking Conference (CCNC), Las Vegas, USA, Jan. 2021, pp. 1-4.
- G. Prasad et al., “Deep Learning Based Integrated Information and Energy Relaying in RF Powered Communication”, in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), Montreal, Canada, Jun. 2021, pp. 1-6.
- “Reinforcement Learning Based Green Rate-Constrained UAV Trajectory and User Association Design for IoT Networks”, in Proc. IEEE Personal, Indoor, and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), Oulu, Finland, Sep. 2021.
- “BEAR: Reinforcement Learning for Throughput Aware Borrowing in Energy Harvesting Systems”, in Proc. IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), Madrid, Spain, Dec. 2021.
- “Joint Optimization of IRS Location and its Phase Shift for Received Power Maximization”, in Proc. IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC) Fall, Sep. 2021.
- “Primary Activity Awareness Based Secondary Transmission Gains in Smart Sensing CR”, in Proc. IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), Madrid, Spain, Dec. 2021.
- “Si2ER Protocol for Optimization of RF Powered Communication using Deep Learning”, IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC) (Accepted and Presented), Apr. 2022.
- G. Prasad et al., “Deployment of sensor nodes for enhancement of lifetime in event driven wireless sensor network”, in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing (ICCSP), Melmaruvathur, India, Nov. 2016, pp. 0961-0966.
- G. Prasad et al., “QoS-Aware Green Communication Strategies for Optimal Utilization of Resources in 5G Networks”, Paving the Way for 5G Through the Convergence of Wireless Systems, IGI Global, 2019.
- “Optimization of Resources to Minimize Power Dissipation in 5G Wireless Networks”, 5G and Beyond Wireless Systems – PHY Layer Perspective, Springer 2020.
- G. Prasad et al., “Green Energy Harvesting Protocols for Intelligent Wireless Communication Systems”, Intelligent Wireless Communications, Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), 2021.
- An Indian Edition of Digital Communication Systems Book by Simon Haykin (Wiley Publications, Adaptation).
- IEEE Membership, Communication Society (ComSoc)
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Obtained AIR 13857 in AIEEE, 2006
- Obtained AIR 867 in GATE, 2010
- Coordinator, MTech CSPE, Dept. of ECE, 2021
- Secretary, DPPC, Dept. of ECE, 2020
- Associate Warden, Hostel 1, 2021
- Faculty Advisor for General Secretary (Technical), 2017
- Faculty Advisor for General Secretary (Audit and Alumni Affairs), 2016
Ph.D. Scholars Guided
- Ms. Arifa Ahmed, Thesis: QoS-aware Smart Policies for Cognitive Radio Networks, Year: 2022
M.Tech. Scholars Guided
- Mr. Shalikram, Thesis: QoS-Aware Optimal Resource Allocations in Decode and Forward Relay-Assisted FSO Networks with Direct Link, Year: 2021
- Completed: 16
Probability and Random Process (UG), Analog and Digital Communication (UG), Digital Communication (UG), Wireless Communication (UG), Information Theory and Coding (UG), Signals and Systems (UG), Basic Electronics (UG), Detection and Estimation Theory (PG), Linear Algebra and Random Processes (PG), and Reinforcement Learning in Wireless Communications (PG)
- Recent Trends in Signal Processing and Communications, held at Dept. of ECE, NIT Silchar on Sep. 10-14, 2020
Service and Outreach
Potential Reviewer of IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, IEEE Systems Journal, China Communications, CSI Transactions on ICT, Springer, IEEE ICC, and IEEE GLOBECOM Chaired the Technical Session in IEEE PIMRC 2020 and IEEE CCNC 2021 Done Research for 2 Months in IIT Delhi under Summer Faculty Research Fellow Programme 2015, Guest Lecturer for Wireless Digital Communications in NIT Mizoram